Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Amarillo Here I Come...






Well on Monday I made my way to Amarillo, not for fun but for a Dr's appointment for my truck... You see on Saturday when I went to start it... well it didn't.. Mike Gipson came over after the men's fellowship breakfast and knew just what the problem was... Fuel Pump.. a couple of hits on the bottom of the gas tank... and it started right up... Now I am told by my friend Kevin ( who worked on the truck) that start is a "free one" get it to the mechanic ASAP.. Well through much prayer .. the cost was about a billion dollars... ( $635.00) but if you don't have it... it could be a billion. Well Mike and I thought we could do it... but I had never seen it done or anything... Mike was confident... I was a little scared... well after much prayer the Lord put on my heart a good friend who goes to Grace Church in Amarillo, he fixed my truck once before... I called him on Sunday and he said if you can get it here... we fixed for a very reasonable price.. not free but a good price... so Monday morning around 7:45am I was off to Amarillo... the truck started (thank you Jesus) and I was on my way... I had no problems and when I got there we picked up the part and 2 hrs later he was DONE... Praise God... But not only did my truck get fixed... I found a great way to Outreach our Youth in Lubbock...turns out that Kevin is a race car driver and he showed me his latest creation... (check out pics) we thought we would bring it down here and turn it on in the neighborhood... what power, speed, looks, and yet what a platform to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ to others... well that's my story...

don't forget we will be in I Samuel 9... The Sovereignty of God!! bring a friend.. I can't wait to see what God will do...

See you tomorrow night...

Love you

Pastor Ben

No comments:

Our Building

Our Building